Thursday, December 16, 2010

Log Bench Demo

 Here is my reference photo. I believe this photo was taken at the picnic grounds.

 I started with an oil painting s/c that I was never quite happy with and thought I could put it to better use. I laid down 5 pieces of paper and then sketched in my image.

 I then painted the image and tied all the pieces of paper together with oil paint. After this is done, I step back and assess what I have.

The light green was too intense for the rest of the paining, so I toned it down with some white.

I then worked on the figure.

I add some final touches to the figure and work on the background just a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    This is so wonderful to see the process- thanks for sharing it. I love this one. Great to understand how you came to do this.

    ReplyDelete